Every day, there are new headlines from all corners of the world. Here are some of the top stories from today.
1) Top Stories From Around The World News Today
Top stories from around the world: News today
1. In the United States, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 1,000 points, or 4%, in early trading on Monday, extending last week’s steep sell-off. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite were also down sharply.
2. In China, the Shanghai Composite Index tumbled 5.2% on Monday, its steepest one-day loss in more than three months.
3. In Europe, the pan-continental STOXX 600 index was down 2.5% in morning trading, with all major indexes in negative territory.
4. In Japan, the Nikkei 225 index fell 2.3% on Monday, its biggest one-day drop in more than two weeks.
5. In South Korea, the Kospi index declined 1.6%.
6. In Australia, the S&P/ASX 200 index was down 1.8%.
7. In India, the Sensex index fell 2.2% on Monday.
8. In the oil markets, Brent crude, the international benchmark, was down 2.6% to $64.14 a barrel.
9. In the currency markets, the dollar fell against a basket of major currencies. The euro was up 0.4% to $1.2296.
10. Gold prices fell on Monday, with spot gold down 0.4% to $1,321.31 an ounce.
2) Major Events That Are Making Headlines Across The Globe
The world is a constantly changing and evolving place. There are always new things happening that are making headlines across the globe. Here are two major events that are making headlines right now.
The first event is the outbreak of the coronavirus. This virus originated in China and has spread to several other countries. It has caused a lot of sickness and death, and the World Health Organization has declared it a global health emergency. There are a lot of people panicking about this virus and its potential to cause a pandemic. The governments of the countries affected are working hard to try to contain the virus and stop its spread.
The second event making headlines is the impeachment trial of U.S. President Donald Trump. This is a historic trial, as he is the first president to be impeached twice. The trial is underway in the Senate, and it is uncertain what the outcome will be. Trump is accused of inciting the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th. If he is convicted, he could be removed from office. This trial is definitely one to watch, as it could have a big impact on the future of the United States.
3) What’s Trending In The World Of News Today
It’s hard to keep up with the constant stream of news, but there are some stories that always seem to be trending. Here are three of the most popular topics in the world of news today:
1. The U.S. Presidential Election
It’s no surprise that the U.S. presidential election is one of the most popular topics in the news today. The race between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton has been one of the most contentious and closely-watched elections in recent memory, and it’s only getting more intense as we get closer to November.
2. The Refugee Crisis
The refugee crisis is a global issue that is affecting millions of people around the world. It’s been in the news a lot lately as countries struggle to deal with the influx of refugees from Syria and other conflict-torn regions.
3. The Zika Virus
The Zika virus is a major health concern that is affecting countries in South America and beyond. The virus, which is primarily spread by mosquitoes, can cause serious birth defects in babies. The World Health Organization has declared the Zika virus a global health emergency.
4) The Top Stories You Need To Know About From Around The World
The top stories from around the world that you need to know about are:
1. The United States and China have reached a trade agreement that will see China buying more American products and services.
2. North Korea has fired two missiles into the Sea of Japan, in a clear violation of UN resolutions.
3. A powerful earthquake has struck Mexico, causing damage to buildings and infrastructure.
4. At least 60 people have been killed in a suicide bombing in Pakistan.